Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Foodie Tuesday - Shrimp Linguine

I cook. Not as often as I'd like, but I am actually a pretty good cook. Really.

I don't like to follow recipes to the "T", I usually make them my own and end up adding what I like or removing what I don't like.

My cousin told me about this shrimp linguine that she whipped up one night, the recipe didn't call for a few things that I added, so I ended up making it my own version.

Shrimp Linguine with Brown Butter

Ingredients
1 pack of good dry linguine
1 pack of fresh, peeled and de-veined shrimp (I cut the tail off so it's less fishy)
1/2 cup to 1 cup of fresh grated Parmesan (I buy the block, it's cheaper and sharper in taste)
3-4 cloves of roughly chopped garlic
5 leaves of fresh basil, cut in strips (you can add more if you like)
1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts (you can toast in a hot pan, takes about 1 minute)
1 can of artichoke heart halves (in water not oil)
1 can of mushroom slices (not a must, I don't always add them)
1 stick of butter
2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Cooking Directions:
Boil linguine in salted water (I like it al dente')
Saute garlic in heated olive oil
Once garlic is sauteed - add artichoke heats, add basil, mushrooms
Salt and pepper the artichoke, basil, mushroom mixture and put on low heat
Once the linguine is done, heat a separate pan on medium heat and add stick of butter
Add shrimp to the artichoke, basil and mushroom mixture
Once the butter is foamed and a light brown color, (takes about 4 minutes) add to the artichoke, basil and mushroom mixture.
Add linguine into the mixture and toss
Add grated Parmesan

Serve and enjoy!


Some of my favorite ingredients - garlic, pine nuts and basil!

Brown Butter

Finished results... scrumptious!
 -Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! If you like it, follow... :)